Why we're here..

Numan Orphange is located in Asela, Ethiopia south east of Addis Ababa. It is a 3 hour drive by car; beautiful and breath taking the entire way. If you have ever been there it is a place you will never forget. Numan orphanage serves it's community by being a refuge for children in the midst of extremely difficult transition. Children ranging from 0 months to 15 years call Numan their "home", some for a very brief moment and others for an extended period of time. It is a place especially close to my heart since it was a "home" for my son during his time of need.



Numan is experiencing their own transition and moving to a new facility. Since they are expanding and will most likely be meeting the needs of more families. They find themselves in need. This Blog was established to help Numan attain these items in order to aid them in becoming more efficient in helping families and children in their community while making life more comfortable for those who live there. There are currently 27 children at Numan. We hope that through fundraising and donations we will meet the needs of the children at Numan and for those caring for them.



I would also like to clarify that this blog is not a part of Children's Hope International. They are being kind in allowing us to use them as a vessel to serve Numan.
Please scroll down to the bottom to see some pictures of Numan.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

So, late Saturday night I was suddenly overwhelmed with fear of failure. I found myself thinking, "Why I did start this fundraiser? What if we can't raise the funds? Am I the right person to Champion this cause?" Feeling defeated and overwhelmed. Just then I decided to email a friend. I opened up my email to find that someone had made a donation to the fund. Not only a donation, but our FIRST donation.
Within half a second I felt God's faithfulness rush over me. I was immediately reminded of how much God cares for the children at Numan. More than I can imagine and that He is able to do beyond what we ask or imagine. Shortly after that we received a VERY generous donation from an anonymous donor.
It was that quick, I was reminded that this is not about me or what I do. It really is about God and His mighty provision. God is good...ALL the time.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful thing!! My husband and I have been trying to think of a way that we could give back to where our son came from. We will begin our giving budget right away. We have been home with Elijah (almost 11 months) for 7 weeks. God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie! Thank you! We are having a party this Sunday to celebrate our son's anniversary of one year home. We are asking for monetary donations for Numan instead of gifts. When we collect the money we will donate it right away. I had wanted to find a way to give directly to Numan. Do you know how that works out through CHI? Are we able to know and account for the percentage of money raised that gets right to them?

    Thanks~ Hollie Martin Home with Amani (2) since April 2009

    ReplyDelete